Thursday, November 14, 2019

The World!

   One of the things I enjoy doing most in life is traveling. When I was young, and often now, that is in an automobile. I can see infinitely more in an automobile than on an airplane. (and even more on my bicycle or when I jog or walk!) I enjoy seeing sights, plants, animals, houses, and life itself.
Prairie Dog in Denver, Colorado
I could watch them for hours!
   I have been blessed to travel to many different parts of the United States (although not all 50 states … yet). Each area is different, has its own culture, traditions, foods, and highlights. Through the years I have met and known many different people from various regions. As I travel I enjoy reconnecting with these friends. Life is good.
Pinocchio at the Cincinnati Art Museum
Did he tell a lie?
   Because the world is smaller today than ever in the past, world travel has become easier also. I have visited three continents and various islands. I have gone for learning, to assist in crisis relief, and to tour. I always taste the foods, and meet the people. There is so much to learn.
A school group in Sri Lanka
   The Psalmist wrote, “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for he founded it on the seas and established it on the waters.” (Psalm 24)
Andromeda Rock in Yafo Harbor
Where boats departed to travel the world
   Truly I am thankful to be able to visit many parts of the world, and to see the handiwork of God in creation. Many people have shared they have a favorite part of the world (mostly they favor ‘home’). I have enjoyed every part of the planet I have visited. Each place has a uniqueness worth noting!

No comments:

Post a Comment