Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Israel

   Today, as I walked half-way around the globe, I met a man and we talked about Israel. Not about the Bible (although he does believe the words of the Scripture), but about water. As we looked down at a water resigour here, and he explained to me how there are four tunnels (one of the constructed before the Civil War) and where they carry water for irrigation and drinking, I pointed out the back of my shirt, which contains a “Tel Gezer” diagram. A year and a half ago, I was cleaning steps leading to a water source that predates Joshua. (Video)
Steps up from the Water Tunnel at Gezer
   I have several stories about the water project, and about Gezer in my book Israel: Stories for Your Journey. The book contains 250 stories about the Holy Land to help you understand geography … and if you want to go on a trip, to help you prepare … better than any other book on the market! Having been on three tours and read widely, I can tell you with assurance, this is the book to get if you are going on a tour!
A book you should own!!
   This month, as I express thanks for many things, I am thankful for the land of Israel, and the promises it holds. The land is a place of my heritage. I am descended from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. From infancy, I have heard their stories. Parts of the stories I have memorized. These stories have guided me in life. They offer direction and promise. When I walked where these great men have walked, I felt excitement inside. There was a realization I was standing on the very ground where these men walked!
Shepherds in Beer Sheva going out as did Abraham
When I was young, my mother read me stories about King David. I carry his name. (Actually the name of my great-grandfather … but if you go way back in the family tree, King David is there). I read of how he killed Goliath, how he cared for sheep, how he fled King Saul, and then spares Saul’s life (I have that in my book also!) I enjoy the Psalms David wrote, and sing the words in my heart at times. I am thankful God placed them in the Bible.
The Sea of Galilee from Capernaum
The stories of the New Testament are of encouragement also. I have tread that sacred ground where Jesus, along with his disciples walked. I have entered synagogues where Jesus prayed and taught. I have visited the village of Capernaum, and sailed on the Sea of Galilee. I am thankful for the life I have received as a believer.
Arches Reservoir in Sippori, Israel
I have written before, in earlier blogs, about Sippori, and the archeological dig I did there. I am thankful for the privilege of visiting Israel four times … I stayed for two months on the last trip. I would like to go again, June 30-July 9, with 25 people who will accompany me on a trip. Can you come? E-mail me at www.KosherCopy for more details. It will be a small group, which will enable us to see much more than huge tour groups.
Picture as I climbed the Mount of Olives ... Come with me!

I am thankful for the experiences God has given me traveling the world. Especially Israel. “It is a land the Lord your God cares for; the eyes of the Lord your God are continually on it from the beginning of the year to its end.” Deut 11:12

No comments:

Post a Comment