Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Travel to Israel: Are there Security Concerns?

I am going to Israel again. This will be my fourth trip to visit, walk and see the land of the Bible. These trips are always exciting, and I am inviting you to go with me this time. The date of the trip is May 5-18, 2018 (which gives enough time to plan and to save). For details about the trip (a brochure) you can click on the link, or visit my website www.KosherCopy.com.  
Elevator at Ben-Gurion Airport where we enter Israel
Each time I go to Israel, and every time I return home, people say to me, “I would like to go to Israel but I am scared of terrorists.” They often add, “Were you afraid when you were over there?”
Golan Heights looking at the Damascus Road
I reply to them, “Not at all,” because on my three journeys to the Promised Land I have neither been fearful nor have I felt any concern. On the contrary, I have felt a sense of joy and renewal as stories of the Bible come alive for me when I walk the land where the events recorded in scripture occurred. I feel sorry for those who avoid travel to Israel due to their own trepidation.
Bar Mitzvah
In preparation for each trip to Israel, I spend time in prayer. I make sure the time is right for me to go (as I do with many other events in my life). I seek out the things the Lord would want me to learn about Israel as I go, for if the trip is dedicated to the Almighty, I will be under His protection. I go with the knowledge that if God wants me to share testimony to His protection and love, I will return home safely.
Temple Mount and Jerusalem
I remark to people that there is a greater chance of being harmed here at home (at the mall, due to road rage or just by chance) than there is with a tour group in Israel. Terror attacks occur randomly both in the United States and around the world.  Assaults happen most often in unprotected areas because they are unexpected. The nation of Israel is on guard and well rehearsed in order to prevent actions of hatred.
Scary thing crawling out of the sea
I have been pleased with the great protection offered by Israel’s army, which has alleviated any threat or fear. The truth is, wherever I look in the tourist areas there is a military presence. The country of Israel enlists all young adults for a period of two years for women and almost three years for men. These recruits are trained and stationed in the areas where conflict could occur if not guarded. The security forces also include local police who keep an ear out for any potential problems.
Chelsea with new friends near Jaffa Gate, Jerusalem
As I approach my next trip to Israel during the month of May 2018, I plan in prayer and look forward to the presence of God who will protect the group. I look forward to the experiences God has planned for me while I am in the land. And I look forward to sharing those experiences upon my return to the United States. I hope you will sign up to go with me, and do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment