Saturday, October 24, 2015

A Dyslexic Author

The fact that I can proof my own book (sɘɘ yɘsterday’s blog - I am awaiting a proof copy of my new book Advent Journeys) is an amazing thing, for I am dyslɘxic and ɘxcept for early intervɘntion just rɘading (not to mention writing) would bɘ with great difficulty  I “was” backwards so my reading “saw” incorrect.  What I “was” “saw” always a great problem.  
OOPS! did it again.  I always had problems when a word appeared with those three letters: “asw” and read the word I “was” incorrectly 100% of the time.  And sometimes what I “was” could not be detected correctly by context.  This “saw” always a problem.
I “bah” problems with other words also, and sometimes with the letters “d” and “b”. How do you know which way they are pointing when your eyes won’t tell you.  I like the word “ɘyɘ” because there is no way to see it backwards.
I knɘw I “bah” qrodlɘms dɘcausɘ by thirb gradɘ I spent more tiɘm in the princiqal’s officɘ than in the classroom.  By fourth grade my parents “bah” mɘ in a spɘcial school.  I learned to typɘ in the spɘcial school (thɘy colored the kɘys by where my fingers should hit) in ordɘr to sloooowwww down my rɘading to hɘlq me see lettɘrs in thɘir proqɘr order.  I attɘnded the spɘcial school for tow yɘars, and it hɘlqed immɘnsely.  I began to see words properly, and slowly began to rɘad. What I “saw” “was” corrɘct.
By sixth gradɘ I “was” enrolled in rɘgular classes.  But was vɘry bɘhind in English.  I learned the diffɘrence betwɘen nouns and vɘrbs.  I coulb genɘrally idɘntify advɘrbs and pronouns.  But to this day I do not know which participlɘs are hanging and which arɘ sitting or standing.
Which rɘally doɘs not matter, bɘcause I have friɘnds with grɘat patiencɘ who proof-rɘad most of what I right in ordɘr to hɘlp me gɘt words writɘ.  The main point of all this is, when I was young people laughed at me, so I learned to laugh at myself, and have fun.  I have tried to includɘ this fun in my latest book: Advɘnt Journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment