Sunday, November 13, 2011

Book

For years I have thought about writing a book. I never really did think I had the time to do it. But I did think about it.

I thought that I would write a commentary on the Passover Hagaddah as my first book. I first wrote a Passover Haggadah when I was in Seminary. I participated in a Messianic fellowship during that time.

One Passover the group decided that they wanted their own Haggadah. Each year, they had purchased someone elses. They realized that several in the group could put a Hagaddah together, so they asked us to consider. And we did put a Haggadah together. THere were three of us: a Pastor, a Doctor, and myself. Since I was the Seminary student the others suggested I write and they edit. So I put together a Passover Hagaddah.

In the process of putting together this Hagaddah, I studied a lot of other Hagaddas, read a lot of books in the Library. Read the Mishnah tractate on Passover, and talked to some people. I wrote the Hagaddah, which was edited by the others. And then printed for the group.

Over the years, I have shared this Passover adapting it each year to make it a little better. I wrote some explanations of the foods and various parts of Passover so people would understand. Then I re-wrote the story (people seemed to be bord so I included several skits as part of the story to break it up.) I have shared the Seder with churches and Snday School classes. Anywhere from 5 to 500 people have participated.

I thought I would write my first book on the Passover (since I already had much of it written), but that is not what happened.

As I was thinking of the Passover, the Lord gave me another idea. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment